Help me! I actually have alot of experience because I played with drunken_f00l's EntMod for a long, long time. What I need help with is Hammer. Again, I've used Hammer a little bit for GoldSrc games, but never ever for Source.
How do I start? Source SDK wants me to pick an engine and a game, and I want to map for Coven, sooo... wat do?
Here try this, copy and paste from some other forum:
You have to manually configure SDK to load Deathmatch under Source 2009.
- Click on Edit Game Configurations
- Under Current Game Configuration:, click on add.
- A box will appear where you can manually input the name and directory of the game you wish load using Source 2009 SDK.
- For Name, enter the name of the game you will be loading into SDK. In this case, it will be Half-Life 2: Deathmatch or any other name you so wish to choose.
- For Directory, click browse... or manually input the directory of the installed game files. For deathmatch, it will be <install drive|directory>\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\<account name>\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp
- Once you have completed these steps, you will need to close Source SDK and re-open it.
- When Source SDK has reopened, select Source 2009 under Engine Version and Current Game select Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (or whatever previous name you put in for DM.)
- Now load Hammer Editor, and from the dropdown menu, select Tools -> Options...
- A Game Configurations window will appear, and make sure Half-Life 2 Deathmatch is selected as you Configuration.
- Below this you will see Game Data files: where there currently should only be one FGD file loaded - $SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\base.fgd - You will need to change this!
- Select $SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\base.fgd and remove it.
- Once you have done this, click on add, and select hl2mp.fgd from your ..\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\ folder.
- After you completed the final step, you may need to close and restart Hammer to load the new FGD file and hl2mp entities.